The Brickworks Museum, Bursledon is a volunteer run museum located close to the River Hamble between Southampton and Portsmouth. The museum is housed in the former factory building, which is Grade II* listed and contains original Victorian machinery. We are a unique heritage site and the only remaining steam driven brickworks in the country. The museum is open Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays from April to October, with a big Event Day one Sunday a month, and regular group and school visits.
We are looking for enthusiastic, outdoor-loving volunteers to establish and keep the outdoor areas of the museum site looking presentable for the visiting public and help ensure the safety of everyone who comes on site. Working days are usually Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. These days are when we are open, but we are flexible as to whether you would come in weekly, fortnightly, monthly. One day or all three days. As much time as you feel you can donate is welcome.
- Maintaining and improving our outdoor spaces
- Ensuring site is safe for visitors and anyone on site
- Creating floral and/or vegetation displays
- Tackling bigger tasks such as bramble patches to clear areas.
- Working effectively within a team and individually
- Knowledge and experience of using garden tools is desirable
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Bursledon Brickworks
Final Straw Foundation
Fareshare - Southern Central
Stansted Park Foundation