The Brickworks Museum, Bursledon, is a volunteer run museum located by the river Hamble between Southampton and Portsmouth. The site is owned by the Hampshire Buildings Preservation Trust and governed by Bursledon Brickworks Trust. We are a unique site and the only remaining steam driven brickworks in the country. The museum is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays to volunteers and for a big Event one Sunday a month April to October.
Machine Restoration Volunteer role:
- To work as part of a team to help clean and preserve our collection of machinery, possibly to a working condition depending upon the desired outcome of the project.
- Help to clean, paint, lubricate and maintain historic machinery either to work or to be a static display.
- Work within a team of volunteers, consulting with the Collections Manager about the treatments used on the objects.
- Help to make records of the work undertaken.
- Talk to members of the public about the machines and possibly demonstrate them in action.
- Carry out other manual tasks around the museum as necessary for the running and development of the organisation i.e. putting up signs, barriers etc.
This team volunteer on a Thursday and possibly for the Sunday events.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Any expenses need to be agreed with management in advance and generally just cover materials.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 08/06/2021
End Date: 08/06/2022
More Opportunities from Bursledon Brickworks
Hampshire Cultural Trust Allen Gallery & Curtis Museum
Final Straw Foundation