Home-Start Hampshire is a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the welfare of families with children age 0-11 years. Family Support Volunteers offer regular support and help to families under stress either in their own homes or at family groups, helping to prevent family crisis and breakdown. Because childhood can’t wait.
Community Team Volunteer *only 5 flexible hours per month*
In addition to Family Support Volunteers, Home-Start Hampshire also relies on the support of our Community Team, a group of volunteers committed to raising awareness of Home-Start Hampshire throughout the communities we serve and fundraising to support sustainability of the organisation through the following core but not exhaustive role requirements.
Main purposes of the role: To work in the local community team to raise awareness of Home-Start Hampshire and the work we do, raise much needed funds and helping to build and strengthen community relations.
- Network in the local community to promote Home-Start Hampshire and its services (promote to your friends, family members, your church those at your sports club or work colleague or other groups such as Lions, Rotary)
- Attend pre-arranged events on behalf of Home-Start Hampshire, e.g., recruitment fairs, summer fetes, Christmas fairs, sporting challenges as a competitor or moral support cheerleader!
- Undertake fundraising from home – bake cakes and sell them to neighbours/family, use and actively promote online fundraising schemes (easyfundraising, amazon smile) to friends and family, undertake home challenges for sponsorship (stop smoking, lose weight, no sweets or alcohol for a month) – you choose!
- Join a local team to support the organisation of an event(s) to raise funds for Home-Start Hampshire.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Community team to share ideas, skills and where applicable, run joint events in local areas across Hampshire.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
End Date: 07/06/2022
Wickham Community Centre
More Opportunities from Home-Start Hampshire
MIND - Havant and East Hants
The Horrill Centre Day Care and Wellbeing Centre (Age Concern)