Do you have a few hours to spare on a weekly basis?
Do you want to support Older People in your local community?
If so, this is the role for you!
Our Volunteer Shopping volunteers help improve the quality of life for older people who are not able to shop for themselves and who may also be isolated and lonely. Our volunteers are introduced to a member with the purpose providing them with a shopping service and socially distanced brief chat when the items are delivered.
A supermarket voucher will be provided for you to pay for the items and you will deliver the groceries on the doorstep, collecting a cheque in a sealed envelope at the same time.
- Good listening skills.
- Patience, empathy and understanding of the needs of older people.
- You will have a clear sense of personal boundaries.
- You will provide a supportive and non-judgmental service.
- A willingness to engage with training and development.
- You will have a good understanding of your personal strengths and limitations.
- You’ll be able to maintain confidentiality.
Must have driving licence and have access to a car.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/03/2021
End Date: 12/03/2022
More Opportunities from MHA Communities Portsmouth & Havant
Winchester Youth Counselling
British Red Cross
Littleton & Harestock Show