We are looking for Breastfeeding Peer Supporters to volunteer in our Baby Café in Alton and Petersfield. Free training is provided and will start in January 2024 and last for 8 weeks [3 hours per week]
What is an NCT Baby Café?
NCT Baby Café is a free drop-in, led by an NCT Breastfeeding Counsellor (BFC), which any parent or expectant parent can come along to for support with feeding their baby.
The role of a Breastfeeding Peer supporter within a Baby Café may include:
- supporting with setting out and clearing up
- providing refreshments
- welcoming parents and facilitating their engagement in the group
- providing peer support: using your listening skills, providing information (within your boundaries) and signposting on a 1-1 basis
- referring mothers to the Breastfeeding Counsellor at the group for more complex support
- supporting with data capture
- Peer Supporter are asked to volunteer 1-2 hours per week for 12 months.
- Passionate about supporting parents
- Motivated and reliable
- Able to plan and organise a one-off event or regular group
- Welcoming to all parents, and a good listener
- Interest in infant feeding
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from NCT
Fareham Good Neighbours
CMA Connect Fareham
Crimestoppers - Hampshire
Duke of Edinburgh Awards