Be an Ambassador for Home-Start Hampshire.
Home-Start Hampshire is a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the welfare of families with children age 0-11 years. Family Support Volunteers offer regular support and help to families under stress either in their own homes or at family groups, helping to prevent family crisis and breakdown. Because childhood can’t wait.
Main purposes of the role: To work in the local community to raise awareness of Home-Start Hampshire and the work we do, raise much needed funds and helping to build and strengthen community relations.
- Network in the local community to promote Home-Start Hampshire and its services (promote to your friends, family members, your church those at your sports club or work colleague or other groups such as Lions, Rotary).
- Arrange, attend, and give talks to local groups about Home-Start Hampshire, sharing information about the work we do and how they can get involved with supporting us (we have standard presentation materials for you to use and usually buddy you with a longer-standing volunteer).
- Build relationships with organisations and individuals within the local community or undertake research for others to take forward.
- Identify PR opportunities and build relationships accordingly.
Volunteer skills, attitudes, and motivations:
- Enthusiasm – we are looking for enthusiastic people to share the Home-Start Hampshire story with the general public.
- Passion - for the ethos of Home-Start Hampshire, understand the needs of parents, the vital importance of children’s early years and positive mental health for all the family.
What is the time commitment?
As a Home-Start Hampshire Ambassador, you can contribute as much time as you feel able to. There is no minimum or maximum time commitment.
If you think you would like to be one of our Ambassadors, please register your interest today.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Wickham Community Centre
More Opportunities from Home-Start Hampshire
Family Support Volunteer in Weywater, training starts Thursday 22nd September (Alton, Bordon, Liphook & surrounding areas)
Family Support Volunteer in Havant (training for new volunteers starts Wednesday 7th September in Leigh Park )
Family Support Volunteer in Fareham and Gosport ( training for new volunteers starts Tuesday 6th September)
VoiceAbility Hampshire and Southampton
Age Concern Cowplain
The Bereavement Counselling Charity
St John's Winchester