Head out with our drivers for a day on the road making deliveries of food to charities like community centres, older people’s lunch clubs and nurseries in your local area. Help us get food to where it’s needed!
What will I be doing?
- Accompany our volunteer drivers to deliver and collect food.
- Help load and unload the vans.
- Be an extra pair of hands helping the driver with navigation, route planning and timing.
- Active and sociable role, interacting with the charities we support.
- Gain a variety of skills such as route planning, organising and communication skills.
- Working reference available after 3 months in the role.
- You will directly ensure that good quality food is not wasted and gets into the hands of the people who need it.
- Reasonable travel expenses and a free lunch.
- Good at map reading and able to use a Sat Nav system
- Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
- Positive, friendly and personable, able to interact well with different people
- Adaptable - managing surplus can be unpredictable so day to day tasks can vary
The building is accessible, this role does require lifting and getting in and out of our delivery vans. We're happy to discuss any thing with you to make your volunteering experience with Fareshare a positive one.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Unit 1 Sunset Business Park
Brunel Road / Nutwood Way
Calmore Industrial Estate
More Opportunities from Fareshare - Southern Central
Hampshire Cultural Trust
Littleton & Harestock Show
Hampshire County Council - Waste & Resource Management
New Milton Memorial Centre
Alton Community Cupboard