A standard driving licence is all you need to deliver our food once or twice a week to children's clubs, homeless hostels and refugees in your area. We've got the cans, we just need you!
What will I be doing?
- You will be the vital link between us and the charities, getting the food to where it's needed.
- Dropping off the weekly orders of food at local charities and collecting surplus from local food businesses with the help of a Driver's Assistant.
- You'll be the friendly face of FareShare interacting with the charities, making sure they get the food they need.
- Working with other volunteers to load up the van with daily deliveries before you head out.
- Active and sociable role, building relationships directly with the charities we support.
- Gain a variety of skills, such as route planning, organising and communication skills.
- Working reference available after 3 months in the role.
- You will directly ensure that good quality food is not wasted and gets into the hands of the people who need it.
- Reasonable travel expenses and a free lunch.
- A standard driving licence.
- Confident to drive a medium-sized van (experience is preferable).
- Good at map reading and able to use a Sat Nav system.
- Positive, friendly and personable, interacting well with different people.
- Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading.
- Adaptable - managing surplus can be unpredictable so day to day routes and drop off points can vary
Our building is fully accessible, but as a driver you will need to be able to drive and lift creates of food (12kg max).
- Age restrictions
18+ due to Driving Role.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Reasonable out of pocket travel expenses. Lunch is provided by FareShare.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
Driving Licence will be required. But training in regards to driving vans is provided.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Unit 1 Sunset Business Park
Brunel Road / Nutwood Way
Calmore Industrial Estate
More Opportunities from Fareshare - Southern Central
Cancer Research UK Winchester
Fordingbridge Conservation Volunteer Action Group