Our Hand in Hand wellbeing service is aimed at supporting older, vulnerable people in Winchester to live independently for longer.
Your role as a volunteer will be to to work alongside our Wellbeing Coordinators to help us deliver all aspects of this valuable service. This could include:
- Visiting members in their own home gardens for a chat, befriending and building relationships with them.
- Accompanying members on a local walk.
- Taking a Scheme Member to a local event.
- If you drive and are willing, taking a Scheme Member shopping or to an appointment.
- Offering telephone befriending support to a Scheme Member if you would prefer to volunteer from home around other commitments.
What can we offer you as a volunteer?
- The opportunity to help an older person to live well.
- The chance to make a direct and positive impact.
- Create new friendships and befriend someone in need.
- Join our team and become an integral part of the wider St John's community.
- Gain new or polish existing skills.
- Strong, professional support and guidance from our Volunteer Coordinator/Wellbeing Coordinators.
- Regular recognition and appreciation of what you do.
- The opportunity to help shape our service.
- Free DBS check.
- Reimbursement of expenses.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/05/2021
End Date: 11/05/2022
32 St John's South
More Opportunities from St John's Winchester
The Children's Society
Winchester Bereavement Support