Our Hand in Hand wellbeing service is aimed at supporting younger older, vulnerable people in Winchester to live independently for longer. We are currently attracting a diverse range of new volunteers but are particularly keen to hear from anyone over the age of 55+.
Your role as a volunteer will be to to work alongside our Wellbeing Coordinators to help us deliver all aspects of this valuable service. This could include:
- Visiting members in their own home gardens for a chat, befriending and building relationships with them.
- Accompanying a member on a local walk.
- Taking a scheme member to a local event which include either our regular Monday Club at Chesil Lodge or our new younger/older cafe based in Winchester City Centre
- If you drive and are willing, taking a scheme member shopping or to an appointment.
- Offering telephone befriending support to a scheme member if you would prefer to volunteer from home around other commitments.
What can we offer you as a volunteer?
- The opportunity to help an older person to live well.
- The chance to make a direct and positive impact.
- Create new friendships and befriend someone in need.
- Join our team and become an integral part of the wider St John's community.
- Gain new or polish existing skills.
- Strong, professional support and guidance from our Volunteer Coordinator/Wellbeing Coordinators.
- Regular recognition and appreciation of what you do.
- The opportunity to help shape our service.
- Free DBS check.
- Reimbursement of expenses.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
32 St John's South
More Opportunities from St John's Winchester
CMA Connect Fareham
British Heart Foundation (NF)
Hampshire County Council - Staunton Country Park