Could you give a little time to your local Oxfam Lymington Boutique and Oxfam Lymington Bookshop this Christmas? It's our busiest time of the year for our shop teams and in these unprecedented times, we need volunteers more than ever.
You'll join a fantastic team of local people who make the shop what it is. And better yet, every item you help sell raises vital funds to help people worldwide overcome poverty. Register your interest today or ask instore for details.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Reliability, honesty & integrity
- An eye for detail
- A willingness to work within Oxfam’s values of Empowerment, Accountability and Inclusiveness
- An interest in fashion, retail & customer service
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to work on own initiative
- An ability to work within shop guidelines & Oxfam procedures
- Good numeracy skills and confidence with cash handling
Unfortunately we do not have an accessible toilet (down 2 steps) but our shop floor and work room could be adjusted to suit some disabilities.
- Age restrictions
14 - 18 year old need parental permission. We must ensure we have two adults present alongside minors & vulnerable adults.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Reasonable local travel or parking and lunch (if a full day is worked, with prior agreement - limit is £6).
- Health and Safety Policy
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 18/04/2019
End Date: 31/12/2021
As we grow our team our opening hours will increase. Eventually we hope to open 7 days a week - 8 hours per day Monday - Saturday and 6 hours on Sunday.
51 High Street
Green Island Holiday Trust - New Forest Area
British Heart Foundation (NF)
New Forest Mencap