The Brickworks Museum, Bursledon is a volunteer run museum located close to the River Hamble between Southampton and Portsmouth. The museum is housed in the former factory building, which is Grade II* listed and contains original Victorian machinery. We are a unique heritage site and the only remaining steam driven brickworks in the country.
The museum is open Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays from April to October, with a big Event Day one Sunday a month, and regular group and school visits.
We are looking for friendly, helpful and polite people to be the face of The Brickworks Museum when open to the public. You will be responsible for providing visitors with a warm and friendly welcome to the museum and play a valuable role in maintaining security and visitor safety. During your shift, you will be supported by a Duty Manager but there will be some lone working at the front desk. Someone will always be a radio away if needed.
This role includes:
- Welcoming visitors to the Museum
- Answering enquiries from members of the public, visitors, groups, etc.
- Selling tickets and items from the shop using a till system
- Provide guidance to visitors, ensuring that health and safety and Museum procedures are followed
- Assist with evacuation of visitors in an emergency
- Being punctual, reliable and having good interpersonal skills
- A passion or interest in history is a bonus but not a must
- Applicants must be 18+
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Bursledon Brickworks
New Milton Memorial Centre
Royal Hampshire County Hospital
Good Neighbours Network Hampshire
Hampshire History Trust