The Events Volunteers will support with our weekly Wellbeing drop-in event, which is delivered by the Wellbeing Team. On occasion, the Wellbeing Team are invited to attend other community events to promote our service and there may be opportunities for volunteers to support this also. If a volunteer is interested, they just need to let us know they are available to attend.
- Engaging with visitors of all ages and backgrounds
- Greeting visitors
- Serving refreshments
- Joining in with our short weekly Walk for Wellbeing (optional)
- Requesting feedback, taking photos and obtaining permissions
- Advertising/promoting the wellbeing team and sharing promotional materials
- Setting up and tidying up afterwards - moving chairs and packing away
- Respecting patients’ views, beliefs and opinions
- Maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information appropriately
- Following the site & the Sovereign Network’s Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Being an ambassador of the Sovereign Health Network
- Genuine, honest and empathetic.
- Good communication & listening skills.
- Approachable with a positive attitude.
- Compassion and sensitivity to the patient’s circumstances.
- Respecting all service users, irrespective of their illness, disability, race, gender, religion/beliefs or sexual orientation.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
Covered by Sovereign Health Partnership insurance with Towergate
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The Highlands Practice
102 Highlands Road
Wecock Community Association (Acorn Centre)
St Faith's Charity Shop
Havant & Leigh Park Good Neighbours
The Bereavement Counselling Charity