Friendly and enthusiastic volunteers required to help out at events supporting The Rainbow Centre. Events include Fetes, Street Collections and Sports Events amongst others. Events are held throughout the year and locations vary - volunteers can select events most suitable for them.
Time commitment is dependent on the volunteer (as much as desired).
The role would vary from event to event but may involve:
- Handing out leaflets
- Manning our stall
- Setting up of events
- Registering participants
- Serving refreshments
- Handing out sponsorship forms
- Helping marshal car parking/traffic
- Dismantling/clearing up at the end of the event
An Interest in Local Community Events would be an advantage.
Here are the skills you will develop in this role:
- Interpersonal skills (chatting with and engaging members of the public)
- Teamwork (work together with fellow event volunteers and organisers)
- Demonstrating commitment
- Responsibility (handling money)
- Providing information
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Havant Borough Talking Newspaper
Age Concern New Forest
The Horrill Centre Day Care and Wellbeing Centre (Age Concern)