The Fareham Shopmobility service provides mobility scooters, electric and manual wheelchairs to people with limited mobility, enabling them to access Fareham town centre and shop independently.
Equipment Valets are expected to:
- Promote and display good scooter handling, driving ability and safety awareness.
- Clean, sweep and polish the Mobility equipment to a good standard using the Cleaning/Valeting products provided.
- Clean equipment to schedule and record all cleaning correctly.
- Record any defects and inform the manager.
- Assist moving mobility equipment.
Protective equipment is provided and the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines are to be followed when using cleaning products.
All staff/volunteers are to leave all areas clean and tidy and free from any hazards. It is mandatory that any such hazard, accidents, or near misses are recorded, a report made to the manager, and noted in the relevant handover/communications books for other team members' awareness. All spills must be cleaned up immediately. This is to ensure a good working practice is adopted by all staff/volunteers and encourage a safe environment.
- Practical skills
- Team worker
- Able to keep accurate records
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Community First
Cancer Research UK Winchester
1st Sheet (St. Mary's) Scout Group
Hampshire County Council - Staunton Country Park