We would love you to bring your enthusiasm for the outdoors to benefit our physical environment. Our 83 acres covers woodland, parkland, a lake and river habitat and is visited by over 30,000 people per year. We are proud of our natural heritage and with your help to support our states team, we can really make the most of our environment.
Whether you are interested in ecology, want to deliver conservation programmes with our local community, are a keen gardener, or can simply help us to keep the site looking at its best there will be a role for you.
We would love it if:
- You love working in the outdoors
- You have the knowledge and skills in the areas you are offering to support
- You have a sense of fun
- You want to make a difference to our community
- You love the idea of making the children and families time in our environment something they will remember forever
- You are willing to follow YMCA Fairthorne Manor procedures and complete a DBS check if required
What we offer:
- A chance to support children and families in our local community to live happy and healthy lives
- Develop skills and a chance to enhance your CV
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- The opportunity to learn about and be part of a huge international YMCA movement
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
We provide lunch for volunteers
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
YMCA Fairthorne Manor
More Opportunities from YMCA Fairthorne Group
The White House (Curdridge) ltd
Hampshire County Council - Staunton Country Park
Solent Rescue Independent Lifeboat
Alton Society Environment Group - "Friends of Flood Meadows"