High quality careers education that is responsive to skills needs is crucial to the future success of both young people and employers. We are currently seeking volunteers to partner with local secondary schools or colleges in Hampshire as Enterprise Advisers, using your skills, business experience and networks to help develop a strong careers programme. This is initially a one year voluntary position (taking up a few hours per month) where you will be:
- Supporting the school or college's senior leadership team strategically to develop and evaluate their careers plan.
- Providing a valuable employer's perspective on how a school or college can embed labour market information and opportunities into the careers programme.
- Engaging with local businesses and employers in your network to put a wide variety of careers opportunities at the heart of young people's education.
To find out more about the Enterprise Adviser role please register your interest today!
The role includes:
- Providing an employer’s perspective on what businesses can do and what opportunities businesses would value.
- Supporting the school or college to develop a strategic plan to ensure every young person receives meaningful employer encounters and workplace experiences - you are not expected to be an expert in the Careers landscape to do this!
- Engaging with local businesses and employers in your network to encourage their involvement in activities at the school or college.
- Helping schools and colleges to focus efforts on programmes and activities that are most effective in motivating young people, supporting independent choice and enabling positive outcomes for young people.
Full training and ongoing support will be provided by one of our trained Enterprise Coordinators.
Time Commitment - Ideally one academic year initially requiring around 4 hrs. per month (though more is also welcome!). The majority of the role can be undertaken virtually although there will be some requirement to attend meetings at the school or college (never at weekends).
Becoming an Enterprise Adviser gives you the following opportunities to:
- Support your local school or college to deliver world class careers guidance to their students, enabling young people to be prepared and inspired for the fast-changing world of work.
- Undertake strategic planning in a new context; developing your skills in communication and strategy development.
- Build strong working relationships with schools and colleges and provide insight into your organisation, industry and the opportunities available in the local labour market.
- Give back to your community.
- Better understand the education sector and the challenges faced.
- Develop your local business network.
- Business background
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Flexibility means you can choose the days and times that suit you.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
Age Concern - Hampshire
Citizens Advice New Forest
Age Concern New Forest