Treloar’s is a groundbreaking organisation providing first class education, therapy and care for young people with physical disabilities. Our students are aged between 2 and 24. Our long-term goal is to create a world where physically disabled young people learn to take control of their lives and dare to dream.
Our students and their carers enjoy taking part in a number of activities and events across Hampshire. The destinations and activities are always varied and interesting. Unfortunately many times we lack a sufficient number of drivers to accommodate the many requests we receive. Specific training will be provided and drivers will be supported by members of staff. In some cases, you will be able to participate in the activity with the students (i.e. cinema, rugby game).
We ask that drivers commit to 4 activities / events a year.
Volunteering with Treloars can bring fantastic benefits!
• Meeting new people
• Excellent training opportunities for those wishing to develop their CV
• An enjoyable and fun evening
• Satisfaction and reward in knowing you are part of our students achieving their true potential
1. A driver's license (pre-1997) or a D1 driver's license
2. A clean driving record (preferable)
3. Physically able to assist in the transfers of students to and from the vehicle (with aids if required) and able to clamp wheelchairs in the vehicle
4. Strong interpersonal skills and patience
5. Sensitivity and empathy towards the individual needs of the student
6. Ability to support students improve their independence
7. Positive attitude and willing to learn
8. Willingness to have fun!
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 20/03/2019
End Date: 31/12/2020
More Opportunities from Treloar Trust
Queen Elizabeth Country Park
Governors for Schools
RSPCA Solent Branch
Testwood Lakes Sailability
Royal Voluntary Service - Basingstoke Home from Hospital Service