The role of a District Commissioner is very rewarding and is an opportunity to develop yourself and others. The District Commissioner, or District Commissioner Team, will have the opportunity to meet young people and adults, whose lives have been changed as Scouts, and to inspire and help Scouts Groups grow and deliver even more exciting and adventurous activities to even more young people.
- Ensure that the District thrives and has the best systems in place to support the Groups, to support all adult volunteers in the District and to develop Scouting in the District.
- Provide line management and support to the adults in the District that directly report to you including setting objectives for their work and holding regular reviews and one-to-one meetings.
- Produce a vision for the District and implement a development plan to meet that vision.
- Ensure that Scouting in the District is attractive to young people and adults from all backgrounds in the District.
- Ensure that the District has an adequate team of supported and appropriate adults working effectively together and with others to meet the Scouting needs of the area.
- Work with the County Commissioner and other District Commissioners in the County to ensure that the Scouting in the County thrives.
Some of the tasks for which the District Commissioner is responsible may be delegated to others in the District, including a Deputy District Commissioner, if appointed.
- Inspire and enthuse
- Work as a team
- Apply strategic thinking to a challenge
- Build and lead a team of key volunteers
- Be resourceful and energetic
- Developing young people and volunteers in your area
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/12/2020
End Date: 09/12/2021
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
More Opportunities from Hampshire Scouts
Bedhampton Community Centre
British Red Cross
The Alliance for ME, Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Hampshire County Council - Staunton Country Park