SS Shieldhall is a heritage steam ship and member of the national historic fleet. Recognised to be the largest working steam ship of her type in Britain and probably Europe, she serves as a tribute to Britain's maritime heritage and a living reminder of the golden age of steam.
- General deck and ship handling and maintenance
- Engine room operation and maintenance
- Passenger care and hospitality
- Galley and bar operations
- Learning Volunteer/Ship's Guide
- Shore Crew/Rope Handler
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
Explained in our DSM (Domestic Safety Management) manual.
- Ongoing support
Support via department heads or volunteer coordinator.
- Training provided
Will be given.
- Volunteer induction
Given ship tour followed by Safety and Familiarisation talk.
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 30/11/2020
End Date: 30/11/2021
British Red Cross
Hythe Pier Heritage Association
Help in Bereavement
YMCA Fairthorne Group
Winchester Youth Counselling