If you enjoy being in an office environment, are compassionate and like meeting people then this could be the role for you. Volunteers like you provide people in their local community with wheelchairs and other equipment to help them get moving again after an illness or injury. Whether it is to help take a relative out, or take a child to school, it makes a difficult and distressing time a little bit easier. Spread the power of kindness with us and help make sure that everyone who needs one can get a wheelchair.
What you will be doing?
- Giving a warm welcome to customers visiting or phoning us.
- Helping people wanting to hire a wheelchair or other equipment.
- Using a computer-based stock control system.
- Showing people how to use equipment.
- Taking payments / donations.
Under-18s: Due to Covid19 restrictions we regret that we are currently unable to provide the required level of supervision, so we cannot offer this opportunity to under-18s in most of our locations.
The skills you need:
- Physically able to safely lift or move wheelchairs and other mobility equipment.
- Some customer service experience is desirable.
- Enjoy meeting people and good people skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Good IT skills.
- Able to commit to a regular shift on a weekly basis.
What's in it for you?
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team.
- A great opportunity to use your existing skills or gain new ones.
- An opportunity to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation and the knowledge that you are making a positive difference to people’s lives.
- All training and induction for the role.
- Reasonable pre-agreed travel expenses for the role including for attending training.
Please note those who are clinically extremely vulnerable can only volunteer from home at this time. Unfortunately this means we cannot currently process applications for this role from people in this group.
Deployment into role will be subject to government guidelines and individual and building risk assessments.
This role is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All successful applicants are asked to sign a criminal record declaration appropriate for the role.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from British Red Cross
British Red Cross
British Red Cross
Meon Valley Heart Start
Age Concern Cowplain
New Forest Mencap
Hampshire Children's Services