We are looking for an enthusiastic and friendly volunteer to help us raise money and awareness for Marie Curie.
Your role will be to place collection boxes in local businesses such as newsagents, chemists, pubs and doctors’ surgeries all within the local community. The more boxes you can place and collect the more money you will raise for Marie Curie.
You will be a big part of making this happen by seeking out new premises, visiting where you have placed the collection boxes, collecting, recording, counting and banking donations and issuing thank you cards to the local business owners.
- Good knowledge of the local area.
- Outgoing, proactive and self-motivated
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Attention to detail, numeracy and accuracy
- Good organisational skills and ability to maintain records
- Commitment to help raise money in the community
- Basic IT skills are desirable
Please note that this is a voluntary role.
Job Type: Volunteer
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This role really works around the individual. There are no set days or times, it's up to you how you manage the collection tins in your local area.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
Testwood Lakes Sailability
The Royal British Legion Dorset/Hampshire
Fordingbridge Salvation Army
Twyford Waterworks Trust