Join our Community Team
At the heart of Home-Start Hampshire are our volunteers and we currently have an exciting opportunity available as Chair of the Meon Valley Community Team.
Our community teams form an integral part of our volunteer network. They work in the local community to increase awareness of Home-Start Hampshire, making sure that people that need help know how to access it and building relationships with individuals, groups and businesses locally, encouraging them to support us in a variety of ways.
Our community teams help make it possible for the work we do to continue.
As chair you will take responsibility for leading a team of like-minded individuals, all sharing the common goal of supporting Home-Start Hampshire.
Community team projects include, but are not limited to:
· event planning
· relationship building and networking
· identifying and applying for local funding opportunities
· community engagement and awareness
As well as positively changing the lives of others, volunteering has a huge impact on the person giving their time:
- better health and well-being
- improved personal and skills development
- improved chances for work
- and more self-confidence
Volunteering is a great thing to do if you’re preparing to return to work or to progress your career. Or simply if you just want to do something amazing with your spare time.
DBS clearance will be required.
To take on the role of chair you will need to be able to build strong relationships, communicate effectively, and organise and delegate tasks and responsibilities. But, perhaps most importantly, you will understand and care about the work of Home-Start Hampshire and the families we support.
Key responsibilities include:
· coordinating the community team, including local ambassadors
· working closely with the Meon Valley Family Support team to understand what’s happening in the local area, where support is required and current goals
· working with other community teams across Home-Start Hampshire, sharing knowledge and coordinating efforts where appropriate
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team and support them as they continue to go from strength to strength.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Unit 8, The Old Railway Station
Spring Garden Lane
More Opportunities from Home-Start Hampshire
Community Team Volunteer (Gosport & Fareham, Havant, New Forest, Weywater, Rushmoor and Hart & Meon Valley)
Hampshire County Council - Staunton Country Park
Fordingbridge Salvation Army
St Barbe Museum And Art Gallery
VoiceAbility Hampshire and Southampton