The role of Community Bathing Service Volunteer Support Care is to provide high quality support to those who are unable to take a bath in their own home because of their health needs. It involves a great deal of flexibility, to enable service users’, the individuality and dignity they need but in turn you will be supported by colleagues all the way.
Our community bathing service provides a safe and private space for people to have assistance with taking a bath. The service is available for older people and vulnerable people who find it difficult to wash themselves at home.
Our service users can enjoy a relaxing bath with the assistance of our trained volunteers who ensure dignity and modesty at all times. They can also tailor the service to a service user’s individual needs.
Service users usually spend between 30-45 minutes in the bath. They can also have their nails cut and their hair styled. Our volunteers can also support them with some light exercise.
All of our bathing units are equipped with bath hoists to assist and support service users in and out of the bathing suite.
After their bath, service users have the opportunity to socialise with others over a cup of coffee and a biscuit.
There are also local social activities for service users to get involved in. For example, sight-seeing trips.
· Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of people.
· Good interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and individually.
· Understand the importance of quality care and following a plan of care.
· Attention to detail and a willingness to adapt and learn new skills.
· Availability during bathing service times to ensure quality of service.
· Experience of providing personal care to people with varied health needs
· Experience working within a care environment and assisting with mobility equipment
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/09/2019
End Date: 31/10/2020
Unit 32, Regents Trade Park
Havant Keystone Service
Hordle Voluntary Care Group
New Forest Mencap