We wish to assure you of our appreciation of your volunteering with us and will do our best to make your volunteer experience enjoyable and rewarding.
The volunteer role involves assisting Age Concern New Forest’s staff to ensure the smooth running of the organisation. Any queries you may have during your time with us should be referred to the Shop Manager and/or Chief Executive Officer.
- To assist in the smooth running of the Charity Shop.
The role involves:
- Serving customers and helping to maintain a clean, friendly and successful shop.
- Adhering to relevant Age Concern New Forest policies and procedures, such as Confidentiality, Health & Safety and Equal opportunities.
Full training will be given to all volunteers and will include the use of necessary equipment and basic day-to-day duties.
Your role will also require you to:
Handle cash transactions.
- Help maintain cleanliness in the shop.
- Prepare goods for sale, including sorting and labelling.
- Assist with shop displays.
- Be willing to undertake induction training, work to guidelines and policies on Health & Safety, Confidentiality, and Equal Opportunities etc.
We have Shops in Dibden Purlieu, Totton and Blackfield.
- Flexible approach towards helping with all tasks in the shop.
- A willingness to learn.
- A sympathetic approach to people’s circumstances.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Understanding the need for confidentiality.
- Sense of humour.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 22/09/2020
End Date: 22/09/2022
Hours to be agreed between the Shop Manager and the Volunteer. We have Shops in Dibden Purlieu, Totton and Blackfield. Opening is generally 10-4 Monday to Friday, 10-1 Sat
Age Concern - Hampshire
YMCA Fairthorne Group