The Chair will lead the Executive Committee (Board of Trustees), ensuring that it fulfils its responsibilities within the District. The Chair will work closely with the District Commissioner (DC) to achieve the purpose of The Scout Association through the development of local Scouting, in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
The District Scout Council.
Responsibilities of a District Chair:
- Objectively and impartially chairing and facilitating Executive Committee meetings.
- Acting as the Chair of the District Scout Council.
- Planning the annual cycle of Executive Committee meetings and setting the agenda for Executive Committee meetings.
- Monitoring that decisions and actions agreed at meetings are implemented.
- Working closely with the DC to ensure there are long term and short term goals and the role the Executive Committee can play in helping to achieve these.
- Providing direction for the Executive Committee.
- Ensuring that all members of the Executive Committee have been briefed and inducted into their roles, receive appropriate training, and are aware of their status as charity trustees.
- Addressing and resolving conflicts that arise.
- Membership and attendance of any working groups or sub-Committees set up by the Executive Committee, where appropriate.
- Acting as the final appeal point for appointment disagreements between the Appointments Advisory Committee and District Commissioner.
Skills for a Chair:
- Strong leadership, communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to think creatively and solve problems
- Able to motivate others and encourage participation
- Able to handle and resolve conflict effectively
- Willing to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others
- Able to maintain independent and objective judgement
- Willing to actively design and contribute to the strategic vision of the District
- Willingness to take decisions which will further the work of the District
- Age restrictions
Min. Age 18
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 25/11/2020
End Date: 25/11/2021
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Hampshire Scouts
New Milton Stroke Group
Hampshire and IOW Constabulary
1st Sheet (St. Mary's) Scout Group