Come and be a part of our exciting new venture in Leigh Park Community Centre. You could make a valuable contribution towards Park Play & Café - why not enquire today?
Main tasks include but are not limited to:-
- To provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our customers, volunteers and staff
- Prepare the Barista machine and run daily cleaning routine
- Prepare drinks and food as requested
- Greet customers courteously and with a smile
- Refill crockery ensuring a range of cups are available at all times
- Ensure tables and surrounding areas are clean and tidy
- Take orders and payments for coffee and food
- Pass on orders for food to kitchen volunteers with any specific requests
- Basic stocktaking of food, condiments, etc.
- Washing up of all cutlery and crockery
- Learn how to operate suspended meals/coffee system
What kind of skills do I need for this role?
Training will be provided for food preparation and using the barista machine. Volunteers are also needed to monitor the play area to ensure parents and children are using the area and toys safely.
- Good communication skills
- A pleasant, approachable and helpful manner
- Sensitivity and empathy
- Ability to keep calm and ask for help when needed
To be discussed as some aspects of the role may not be accessible.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
For Play monitors
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/06/2019
End Date: 13/09/2021
Days and hours to be agreed but general operating times 9-3 weekdays
Park Play & Cafe
Leigh Park Community Centre
More Opportunities from Community First
Winchester Good Neighbours
Hampshire County Council - Library Service (New Forest)