Do you have a few hours to spare on a weekly basis?
Do you want to support Older People in your local community?
If so, this is the role for you!
Our Volunteer Befrienders help improve the quality of life for older people who are socially isolated and may feel lonely. Our Befrienders are introduced to a member with the purpose of spending time each week to bring companionship, and a chance to chat.
- Good listening skills
- Patience, empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- You will be reliable and punctual
- You will have a clear sense of personal boundaries
- You will provide a supportive and non-judgmental service
- A willingness to engage with training and development
- You will have a good understanding of your personal strengths and limitations
- You’ll be able to maintain confidentiality
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 03/03/2021
End Date: 03/03/2022
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
More Opportunities from MHA Communities Portsmouth & Havant
Hampshire County Council - Staunton Country Park
Hampshire Police Cadets
The Horrill Centre Day Care and Wellbeing Centre (Age Concern)