We are looking for a responsible and mature individual to provide 1-1 support for a young student with behavioural challenges, whilst they take part in our weekly dance class:
- Assist the young person with difficulties understanding boundaries with others.
- Provide the necessary 1-1 attention the young person requires.
- Support them in participating in the dance class.
- Attend class weekly.
- Feedback to class teacher on progress.
- Willing to participate in class (no dance experience needed, just happy to give a go).
- Encourage and support young person to participate correctly in class.
- 1 hour per week - Wednesdays 5:30-6:30pm.
- School Term Time Only
Class held in Stanmore, Winchester.
We are looking for someone with these skills/attributes:
- Knowledge/experience working with young people
- Adaptable to young person's needs
- Eager to develop and build on existing skills
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Move Momentum
Havant Borough Talking Newspaper
Hythe Pier Heritage Association
Royal Hampshire County Hospital