This event will be a fantastic opportunity for local charities, sports and leisure clubs and voluntary organisations to showcase the work they do in the community.
This year’s Showcase celebrates the vast array of groups working across Fareham and provides a great platform to raise awareness. Groups will be able to talk directly to the public about their activities, support services, volunteer roles and memberships. Musical and dance entertainment as well as crafts and face painting are also planned for the event!
This promises to be a fun and informative day for all the family and an opportunity for us all to discover some of the amazing work being done in the community and to get more involved. Free parking is available in the Leisure Centre, Park Lane, Fareham.
Confirmed stalls include:
- Acts of Kindness Community (Solent)
- Age Concern Hampshire
- Bee-Released Counselling CIC
- Cancer Research UK Fareham Local Committee – Cancer Research UK’s Fareham Committee have been raising money for the last 70 years organising events including Beetle Drives with Afternoon Tea, Quizzes with Fish & Chips, Various Lunches, Open Gardens and more. They’re looking forward to talking to potential new members to help out.
- Catisfield & District Gardening Club
- CMA (Community Money Advice) Connect Fareham
- Dementia Friendly Hampshire
- Dementia Support Hampshire – Dementia Support Hampshire & IOW have a weekly Support & Social Group which takes place every Thursday afternoon at Holy Trinity Church Hall in Fareham. The group is free to attend for anyone living with memory loss or dementia and their family, friends and caregivers.
- Fareham & Gosport Voluntary Car Service – Providing a transport service for older and vulnerable residents in Fareham. We take people to medical and other appointments via our friendly and economic service
- Fareham and Gosport Board Game Lounge
- Fareham and Gosport Branch of Parkinsons UK
- Fareham Art Group – They welcome beginners and artists of all abilities and offer new learning skills through tutorial classes in a friendly environment with members who provide advice and help.
- Fareham Flower Club
- Fareham Good Neighbours – We offer befriending service for people who live in Fareham Borough, from Portchester to Warsash, and from Wickham to Titchfield.
- Fareport Talking News
- Friday Night Charity
- Friends through Pain and Partners through Pain
- Glee Club UK (Solent Glee)
- Live Art Local CIC
- NoLimits Safe Haven NEHF
- Portsmouth Abuse & Rape Counselling Service (PARCS)
- Recapture Life CIC
- Sarisbury Green Community Centre
- Social Prescribers, Fareham and Portchester Primary Care Network
- Solent Glee Club – Solent Glee club uk are a lovely thriving and friendly group of more than fifty singers, who meet to sing for fun.
- Solent Sounds Ladies Chorus – We are a friendly group of fun-loving women who sing unaccompanied four-part harmony acapella style.
- Solent Speakers Toastmasters Public Speaking Club – Solent Speakers Club is the local speakers club for Fareham, Gosport, Cosham, Whiteley and Waterlooville. They provide a meeting place to practice public speaking and learn skills through participation as well as an educational programme.
- Southern Health NHS Trust
- Sue Ryder
- Steppin’ UP Dance
- The Abbeyfield Society
- The Breastfeeding Network South and East Hampshire
- The Brickworks Museum
- The Crafty Makery – The Crafty Makery CIC is a Community crafting Hub in the centre of Fareham which is accessible to all. The benefits of these social activities have been recognised as being good for your mental health and well-being.
- The Portchester Hub (charity name Portchester Community Association CIO)
- The Rainbow Centre
- The Solent Diabetes Association
- Unexpected places (to include Little Lights and Light UP drama) – Little Lights run magical musical sensory play classes for pre-schoolers and Light UP provides value for money drama classes, and inventive performance opportunities to children aged 4-16 years old.
- United Vision Portsmouth – A dynamic group of visually impaired adults enjoying an active social life across Fareham, Gosport, and Portsmouth.
- Veterans Outreach Support
In addition, there will be performances from the Strings Ahoy – ukelele and guitar ensemble, Solent Glee Club and Solent Sounds Ladies Chorus. The Crafty Makery will also be hosting a crafts table for all the family.
If you are a group, service or charity operating in Fareham and would like to host a stall at this year’s showcase, then please contact Liza Smith on email@example.com