Horndean Community Association (HCA) is a social welfare charity operating from Merchistoun Hall in the parish of Horndean. It runs its own wide and varied programme of activities and events that support educational, recreational, social and leisure-time activities and enables the Community Association to promote social welfare for everyone in both the local and wider communities. It even has its own preschool, Merchistoun Minnows.
Volunteering at Horndean Community Association
We have a wide and varied list of opportunities such as:
- Catering support for our seasonal events (From Tea rooms to BBQ)
- Working with our team of wonderful grounds volunteers helping to keep our 4.5 acres of parkland in good shape for the community to use and enjoy
- Be part of our Front of House Team welcoming users and guests to the centre
- Be part of our annual event planning group – who develop and deliver our annual programme of events which range from out of school Family Fun Days / Easter day / Summer Fayre / Halloween events / Christmas programme plus much more
- Our NEWLY developed weekly events working group – which we are looking to set up to develop, oversee and deliver our expanding programme of weekly activities
One of our volunteers is Maggy who actively supports the annual events group by taking the minutes at our planning meetings and helping at the events themselves. ‘This means a lot to me!’ – said Maggy – ‘I moved into Horndean not knowing a soul and now I’ve made a great group of friends’.
How to get involved
There is a variety of opportunities for volunteering at Horndean Community Association, including: